Expert financial advice when you need it
PSS has engaged Mercer to provide a limited financial advice service to members (including retained members). Mercer's financial advice team can provide specific advice in relation to your savings in PSS and general information on other types of financial products. They can help with:
- KiwiSaver – how to get the most out of KiwiSaver now that you are in PSS
- choosing an investment option – this could be in relation to short, medium and long term savings goals
- saving for a first home – making sure you are in the right investment option and making the most of your contributions
- a pre-retirement check-up – use them as a sounding board for how you plan on managing your PSS investment in retirement.
- PSS options when leaving Police – if you are leaving Police and not sure how to manage your PSS account going forward or what your options are.
There is no individual charge to you for this service.
- Complete this online form to arrange a call back from Mercer's financial advice team.
- Further detail on the service is available via Mercer's financial advice disclosure statement
Employee assistance programme
Another avenue of support is the employee assistance programme (EAP). All Police employees are eligible for three free sessions. This includes access to budgeting advice if you want to sit down with an adviser and sort out a plan to get on top of things. Talk to your local Police Wellness Advisor or contact the EAP direct on 0800 327 669.
Police Wellness Advisors and other Police or Police Association staff are not financial advisers and, therefore, they are not in a position to help other than to provide general information about the scheme.